Your Dental Hygienist is Very Busy
Dental hygienists are licensed oral health professionals who focus on preventing and treating oral diseases-both to protect teeth and gums, and also to protect patients’ total health. They are graduates of accredited dental hygiene education programs in colleges and universities, and must take a written national board examination and a clinical examination before they are licensed to practice. In addition to treating patients directly, dental hygienists may also work as educators, researchers, and administrators.
Dental hygienists have so many things to do! Here at Advanced Dental Care of Florence, our dental hygienist is an extremely important part of the team. A dental hygienists is a trained and licensed professionals who performs essential duties for our clients.
Your Dental Hygienist Has Many Responsibilities
A dental hygienist’s responsibilities include:
- Cleaning teeth to remove the plaque and tartar which could cause cavities and gum disease
- Performing office management activities
- Educating and counseling patients and others about useful oral hygiene techniques and good nutrition
- Screening patients: reviewing patients’ dental health history, taking blood pressure, and checking patients for early signs of cancer and additional potential complications
- Taking and developing x-rays
- Performing services for teeth including preventative treatment such as sealants and fluoride
We’re Here to Serve You in Florence
Our entire team at Advanced Dental Center of Florence is dedicated to providing our clients with gentle and effective service. Call us today to schedule your next checkup.